Fairy Forest Mural and Butterfly Template Download

Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download via lilblueboo.com
I just finished a fairy forest mural today. It is for a family’s vacation home in the desert and they wanted to make the room extra special for their three little girls to come and visit!
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download via lilblueboo.com
Huge purple frame surrounds the flat screen TV
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download 2 via lilblueboo.com
Chalkboard shaped like a butterfly
(see my tutorials on how to make your own template and chalkboard)
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download 3 via lilblueboo.com
“Pixie dust” all over the room is glow-in-the-dark!
Huge flowers and vines to make the girls feel like they are tiny like Tinkerbell
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download 5 via lilblueboo.com
Vines and butterflies peek through to the bottom bunk.
Update:
I’ve had several emails asking what the paint colors were for my fairy forest mural, so here they are:
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download paint colors via lilblueboo.com
Images from Disney
For the pixie dust, I also used Rustoleum Glow-in-the-dark paint.
The Disney website has some cute templates you can download here.
You can download the TV frame here.
You can download the Butterfly Template here.
For the chalkboard, you can find the materials used here:
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download chalkboard via lilblueboo.com
See my tutorial here on making a large custom template here:
Fairy Forest Mural Template Free Download template via lilblueboo.com

Comments

Comments

emerzim says:

Wow! I love it!

Elle's Mom says:

Oh my gosh!!!! Ashley this is amazing. You did a FABULOUS job! Those are 3 lucky little girls.

Lily's Laundry Boutique says:

LOVE IT!

PINKMONKEY says:

Love it. I adore my kids but darn it..I have boys. I’m having fairy envy!!!

Design it Chic says:

It looks so darn cute! Those are 3 lucky girls! Wish i had something like this when i was a child!You have so much talent!

Have a Happy Friday!

(coming here from SITS)

Tammy says:

That is so beautiful. I wish I had that kind of talent. Hi from the SITStahood.

Drama queens mum says:

That came out awesome.

Sock Monkey says:

Late but never forgotten! Have a great weekend my fellow sitstahs!

Camp Sock Monkey

angela | the painted house says:

What a fun, beautifully done room! You are a talented one!

Thank you for stopping by my blog recently and commenting. :)

Farmgirl Paints says:

Hi Ashley,
    Wow! You are amazing. I love the room. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. It's so cool meeting other people with similar interests and gifts. I hope you come back. Have a great day:)

threemoonbabies says:

Love your blog! You are very talented!

SoSoBella Designs says:

oh my gosh, i love this room. how wonderful it would be to wake up to that everyday. so great!

Morgan says:

Very pretty! I would love to be able to paint like this!

Do you have any tips for painting children's murals?

Cristina says:

Hi, I have been looking for something like this forever..My daughters LOVE Pixie fairies and I'm doing their room in fairy theme..thanks for the GREAT idea!!
    Cristina..so glad I'm following..YOU HAVE AWESOME IDEAS!!

candiacrew says:

Wow that's an amazing room.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.

Cristina says:

Hi Ashley,

I just wanted to THANK you so much for inspiring me to make my daughters room into a fairy room..I used your ideas and mixed them with some of mines, I also did my son's room using some of your ideas about uploading a pic into the website that makes huge poster size pics from letter size paper…VERY awesome!! I posted some pics on my blog….Thanks again for sharing…..
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

The Mendoza Family says:

Holy crap. That is thee most amazing, gorgeous room I've ever seen!! Gorgeous!! LOVE IT!! By the way, I'm addicted to your blog. I've had it open for the past 48 hours and I've studies almost every tutorial here. I have big plans. Thank you so much for all the awesome ideas and tutorials so I can be cool just like you!!

doo21_leroux says:

So how do you make really big stencils? Did I miss something? I got to this page from a link on your tutorials page! lol…love this rooM!

Mommafo says:

Okay, this is just amazing! Come out to Indy and paint for me!! :)

Melissa says:

Oh goodness, this is incredible! I'll have to try something similar in my little girl's Tinkerbell room.

MJStump says:

Absolutely LOVE the room! It will make any little girl feel special :)

I also have a trick for large templates.
    -You just need to save the image you want, find or borrow a projector, and hook it up to a laptop computer.
    -Then you just project the image onto the wall, and adjust the projector for the desired size.
    -Then outline the image onto the wall and paint away.

Kandi says:

I need this template and I’m unable to find it on the Disney website. Can you give me any advice as to whether the vine was free handed or a stencil.

Missie says:

I would also love to know about the “vines” and whether or not you used a stencil. This room is adorable and exactly the look that I am going for with our latest little girl. I love all your ideas. You made my weekend so much more exciting with so many possibilities!!

• 24
      Lisa says:

Hi Missie! Ashley did those by hand but you could always use a projector so you could trace similar vines :-)

1. [...] Happy 4th of July! We are off to Lake Tahoe for the week! Luvinthemommyhood is having her “top tutorials week” so I thought I’d tag along and have my own as well! Head on over and vote for your favorite tutorials on her blog! BUT before you leave Lil Blue Boo….let me know which of my tutorials is your favorite too! This is a great chance for me to list some of my tutorial links (in no particular order) for newcomers! Welcome to my Lil Blue Boo blog!   Itty Bitty Cork Stamps  Magnetic Chalkboard and Growth Chart  Easiest, Softest, Cheapest Floor Pillows Ever  10 Dollar DIY Handprint Plaque  Applique  Recycled T-Shirt Toddler Skirt  Reverse Applique Pink Pirate  Recycled Mosaic Kitchen Art  Border Fabric Sundress  Recycled 4th of July T-Shirt Skirt  How to Make a Very Large Stencil [...]

2. [...] loved this recycling idea from Real Simple ….so I used leftover paint sample cards from a fairy mural project to make tags for the [...]

3. [...] A large butterfly chalkboard for a fairy forest mural [...]

4. [...] did a 15 minute makeover of Boo’s room. No time to paint a mural as planned like the Fairy Forest mural I did for a client, but these peel and stick vinyl decals worked great from Wall Art Corner, one of my [...]

5. [...] “rasterizing” process is the same I used for the butterfly chalkboard template in the fairy forest mural I painted a few months back! I only had to do half the butterfly and then I flipped it over to [...]

6. [...] had several emails asking what the paint colors were for my fairy forest mural, so here they [...]