Archives for August 2009
Step 1: I cut out two legs from a black t-shirt (you can find my t-shirt pant tutorial here).
Step 2: I cut an 8.5 x 11″ piece of freezer paper and printed my template directly onto it (make sure to print on the paper side…NOT the waxy side or you’ll have a real mess). I cut the template in half…. one flame for each leg.
I really wish I was just a LITTLE more patient. I was working on this top….. the idea was sort of an “inside-out” top. Wow….. it was SO cute until I thought it was just a little too flowy….. then I was a rotary-cutter-happy refusing-to-measure-anything-out-stubborn crazy person…. and then it just turned into a disaster. A huge frumpy-lopsided-wonky-frustrating mess. Maybe it can be salvaged into a dress for Sienna……but I am SO OVER this project for now.
Other image transfer tutorials to check out:
I used every ribbon combination imaginable. The more colors, the more interesting. Making the belt I worked in small 6 inch sections and tried to limit the repeat of ribbon throughout.
:: 1.5″ cotton webbing
:: Dritz Fray Check or thread glue
:: 1.5″ D Rings
:: Coordinating thread
Tools needed: sewing machine and scissors
Here are photos I took today for YCMT showing my halter/tie-back dress as a jumper for the fall. Sienna was such a good sport considering the high today is 103! Fall won’t come to the desert for a long time……
Sometimes projects just don’t turn out like I planned for them to. The frog to the left (the dark green fuzzy one) was a toy I had as a little girl. I was trying to make a version for my nephew. It didn’t turn out so well. Whatever “beads” they used to stuff the original frog must be much lighter than pinto beans…..because my frog weighs about 25 pounds……I’m exaggerating a little, but still, this frog is not suitable for a baby. My husband says we should keep it as a doorstop. ….