Random Ideas and inspiration

Seriously, sometimes the most random things will spur ideas. This little heart print was inspired by a Burlington Coat Factory commercial (ever seen their logo?). This is why I need to keep a notebook by my bed….so in between Jersey Shore, The Bachelor and Lifetime Movies I can jot things down!

Random Ideas and inspiration via lilblueboo.com
I’ve been printing the hearts on soft cotton interlock for some Valentines skirts and dresses:

Random Ideas and inspiration 2 via lilblueboo.com
Just having fun with it and mixing the hearts into different prints.

Random Ideas and inspiration 3 via lilblueboo.com
Someone emailed me and requested a twirl skirt so here it is:

Random Ideas and inspiration 4 via lilblueboo.com
Can you guess what my other new pattern is?

Random Ideas and inspiration 5 via lilblueboo.com
I’ve had a few St. Patty’s requests too…..so I dyed and screened a few variations of this too (tutorial for dyeing to come soon):

Random Ideas and inspiration 6 via lilblueboo.com

Random Ideas and inspiration 7 via lilblueboo.com

Random Ideas and inspiration 8 via lilblueboo.com

Speaking of random. A friend brought his daughters over last night to play with Sienna while he and my hubby painted something. Checking on the girls I found that they had somehow convinced Sienna to dress up as a Kangaroo….doesn’t she look thrilled?

Random Ideas and inspiration 9 via lilblueboo.com

What is the most random thing that inspired an idea for you?

Comments

comments

Comments

I love the pink twirl skirt! That is so cute.

Priscilla says:

Amazing! Your work is just amazing!

peace.love.applesauce says:

The twirl skirt is too cute!

The Scow's says:

I am SO glad to hear i'm not the only person guilty of watching Jersey Shore while I sew. I swear one of these days i'm going to sew Snooky some clothes that fit!!! ;)

LOVE the skirt!!! I'm going to see if I can't whip one up today for my little lady.

Mama Lusco says:

I was at a yard sale and my daughter pulled out a shirt from the free bin. I had visions of it becoming something fun and flirty, so we brought it home…It's still in her dress-up bin, but someday I'll make something cute out of it! Love the circle skirt. Knit waistbands are the best!

I am in LOVE with that cute twirly skirt!!!! It is a MUST have for my girls! You are fab!

I can't wait to see the skirt pattern. ANd i LOVED the resolution art. You're a genius!

Heather :: Angel Face Designs :: says:

LOL! That kangaroo picture is too cute!

ForeverYou says:

Beautiful skirts! Love those hearts..! And Sienna is too cute!

Elle's Mom says:

Oh my gosh! Sienna is so gosh darn cute. This picture is hilarious!

Elle's Mom says:

Elle is laughing her head off, seriously! She loves her Sienna aka "See."

sofia's sketchbook says:

love the green hearts!! my fav so far!!!! ohhhhh and that sienna…..so sweet!!!!! so adorable!!!! her hair is always gorgeous perfect!!!!!

Forever Owen says:

You never fail to wow me! Love the hearts!! The Valentine's twirl and St. Patrick's are adorable!

Yay- what a fabulous new pattern!!! I am excited for that! That skirt is super cute and so are your heart prints.

Your cool friend, Cheryl says:

I totally understand keeping a notebook nearby at all times…good ideas are fleeting.

Is that joey costume from Babystyle? My oldest son wore the same one for his first Halloween!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the twirl skirt. I have been thinking about making one for a long time and this was just the kick I needed.
    I am loving the dying, looks like a cool technique!
    Still waiting for some entries to roll in to my LBB giveaway (shameless plug) this week! Thanks again for hooking ILTWYD up.

Shari and Amber says:

i'm in love with the green and pink skirt!!! :)

I love that red valentine's skirt! How fun! And so twirly!