Random Ideas and inspiration

Seriously, sometimes the most random things will spur ideas. This little heart print was inspired by a Burlington Coat Factory commercial (ever seen their logo?). This is why I need to keep a notebook by my bed….so in between Jersey Shore, The Bachelor and Lifetime Movies I can jot things down!

Random Ideas and inspiration via lilblueboo.com
I’ve been printing the hearts on soft cotton interlock for some Valentines skirts and dresses:

Random Ideas and inspiration 2 via lilblueboo.com
Just having fun with it and mixing the hearts into different prints.

Random Ideas and inspiration 3 via lilblueboo.com
Someone emailed me and requested a twirl skirt so here it is:

Random Ideas and inspiration 4 via lilblueboo.com
Can you guess what my other new pattern is?

Random Ideas and inspiration 5 via lilblueboo.com
I’ve had a few St. Patty’s requests too…..so I dyed and screened a few variations of this too (tutorial for dyeing to come soon):

Random Ideas and inspiration 6 via lilblueboo.com

Random Ideas and inspiration 7 via lilblueboo.com

Random Ideas and inspiration 8 via lilblueboo.com

Speaking of random. A friend brought his daughters over last night to play with Sienna while he and my hubby painted something. Checking on the girls I found that they had somehow convinced Sienna to dress up as a Kangaroo….doesn’t she look thrilled?

Random Ideas and inspiration 9 via lilblueboo.com

What is the most random thing that inspired an idea for you?

Comments

1. The Scow's says

I am SO glad to hear i'm not the only person guilty of watching Jersey Shore while I sew. I swear one of these days i'm going to sew Snooky some clothes that fit!!! 😉

LOVE the skirt!!! I'm going to see if I can't whip one up today for my little lady.

2. Mama Lusco says

I was at a yard sale and my daughter pulled out a shirt from the free bin. I had visions of it becoming something fun and flirty, so we brought it home…It's still in her dress-up bin, but someday I'll make something cute out of it! Love the circle skirt. Knit waistbands are the best!

3. sofia's sketchbook says

love the green hearts!! my fav so far!!!! ohhhhh and that sienna…..so sweet!!!!! so adorable!!!! her hair is always gorgeous perfect!!!!!

4. Forever Owen says

You never fail to wow me! Love the hearts!! The Valentine's twirl and St. Patrick's are adorable!

5. Natalie says

Yay- what a fabulous new pattern!!! I am excited for that! That skirt is super cute and so are your heart prints.

6. Your cool friend, Cheryl says

I totally understand keeping a notebook nearby at all times…good ideas are fleeting.

Is that joey costume from Babystyle? My oldest son wore the same one for his first Halloween!

7. Shelly K says

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the twirl skirt. I have been thinking about making one for a long time and this was just the kick I needed.
    I am loving the dying, looks like a cool technique!
    Still waiting for some entries to roll in to my LBB giveaway (shameless plug) this week! Thanks again for hooking ILTWYD up.