DIY Lace Trim Shorts (A Tutorial)

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

I saw these white lace shorts on Honestly WTF and loved them so much but wanted to make more of an everyday pair. To make mine I took a pair of white jean shorts I bought for our beach trip ($19 from Target) and some plain white crochet lace trim:

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

I turned the shorts inside out and starting at the inseam stitched the trim all the way around the bottom edge:

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

I cut the trim so it overlapped the place where I started and stitched back and forth a few times:

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

I even added some lace to the back pocket flaps:

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

A boring white pair of jean shorts are now dainty and pretty!

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

Much cuter and dressier than the ragged pair they were before! It also added about an inch to the super shortness of them.

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

How to add lace to shorts DIY Tutorial via lilblueboo.com

Comments

Comments

RobyGiup says:

So much cuter in this way!!! Great idea, and very fast!

Jade A says:

I want you to know that I did this to some white shorts of mine about 8 days ago. Great minds, right? I’ve already worn them more since I’ve added the lace than I did the two years I had them before.

Ashley says:

Just bought a huge bag of scrap lace remnants from Hobby Lobby for cheap. Will have to make some for me. Thx.

Misty says:

I am soo inspired! Alot of shorts these days are just too short for my taste. This just might solve my problem and add a lot of extra cuteness.

Veronica says:

SO cute. You make me want to learn how to sew.

Cute idea! Also would be cute for little girl shorts!

manuela says:

Soooo cute!! :)

anna says:

super cute!

Heather G. says:

Super cute!

If only we all had those legs to show off! Those shorts look really cute on you, but on me would be a crime!
    Love all your ideas Ashley!
    Rach x

Too cute! :)

Becky says:

Adorable. I absolutely love your blog!

Great post! I’ve been meaning to create this for quite some time now, thanks for the tip!! :)

Super cute!! I totally want to do this now!! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Jessica says:

This is so cool, Thanks for sharing!!

Jessica says:

This is so cool, thanks for sharing!! I’ll definitely try 2do this

1. [...] DIY Lace Trim Shorts from Lil Blue Boo [...]

2. [...] Lace Trim Shorts Tutorial | Lil Blue Boo To make mine I took a pair of white jean shorts I bought for our beach trip ($19 from Target) and some plain white crochet lace trim I turned the shorts inside out and starting at the inseam stitched the trim all the [...]

3. [...] Este proyecto de renovación de indumentaria te dará, te lo aseguramos, un resultado que hará de esos shorts una de tus prendas favoritas. ¡No te pierdas estos shorts renovados con puntilla! [...]