Handmade Doll Bunk Beds

Boo and her cousins are getting handmade doll bunk beds for Christmas! The guys started working on them last weekend. They still need to be painted and I’m going to make a mattress, sheets and pillows.

Making Doll Bunk Beds via lilblueboo.com

We downloaded these easy free doll bunk bed plans from Ana White:

Doll bed plans from ana white via lilblueboo.com

The plans tell you what size to cut all the wood:

Doll bunk bed plans from ana white via lilblueboo.com

And then the beds are assembled:

American Girl Doll bunk bed plans - progress -  via lilblueboo.com

Three doll bunk beds finished!

American Girl Doll bunk bed plans  via lilblueboo.com

Now they need putty, primer and paint!

Doll bunk bed plans from ana white via lilblueboo.com

Comments

1. Marshall says

That is absolutely adorable!! I’ll have to keep that in mind when I make my daughter some Waldorf dolls.

2. Mandy says

My dad made my youngest daughter the doll farmhouse bed from Ana White for Christmas! She is going to be so excited. I can’t wait! Those bunkbeds are adorable too but I knew she wouldn’t have room for it in her teeny bedroom. The farmhouse doll bed will slip underneath her own bed. Can’t wait to see the sheets and blanket you come up with!

3. Charisse says

I cannot wait to see the bedding you create!
    Gifts like these are the one’s that will be the most treasured for many years to come..
    You are a great Mama~
    Charisse

4. Kristen Katula says

Ashley~I feel so on top of it! :) LOL. Had pinned this a couple of weeks ago and sent the plans to my Father-In-Law to make! Love this tutorial sooo much! Working on my mattresses and bedding now….can’t wait to see yours finished as well! It is SUCH a cute project!! Ana White has a dollhouse too which I think looks VERY cool….just not sure how we’d get that back to NC after we head to our in-laws in Chicago…..maybe I’ll have to fly my father-in-law out to Winston to complete….

5. Jodie says

They look great! I lovr Ana Whites projects…will have to store this one away for when my girl Josie is a bit older!

• says

Oh my gosh!!! My little Lucy has been begging me for a bunk bed for her baby doll. I’m gonna send this to my Dad right now and see if he can make one!
      I’m so excited!!!!

Can’t wait to see your bedding!

My girls would seriously love doll bunk beds! I might have to wait until the snow is off the ground to commission my husband to make them, but I love them!

7. Melissa says

Isn’t Ana White fabulous, I’ve drooled over so many of her plans (and made a few – they are great to follow!)

When I was little my dad made me doll bunkbeds (thought not as “pretty”) and I thought they were FANTASTIC! I’m sure Sienna will also think they are perfect :)

8. kris says

My 6 year needs a few of these bunkbeds! She has about 10 babies and they are wrapped up in blankets all over the floor! What a brilliant and fun idea….I better get to work on them! LOVE IT!!

1. Doll Bunk Bed Natural…

[…] ll bunk beds! I might have to wait until the snow is off the ground to commissio […]…