Southern Charm and Chilled Cucumbers

Every once in a while I get a uncontrollable craving for this cucumber salad my grandmother Brownie used to make.

Chilled Cucumber Salad via lilblueboo.com

I posted the original recipe she wrote out for me years and years ago at the bottom of the post.

*****

I shared these on Facebook yesterday but in case you missed them…… good, clean humor with a lot of Southern charm. That charm must have triggered the cucumber salad craving……

(Warning: you may snort with laughter……and don’t watch if the kids are napping……you’ll wake them!)

Chilled Cucumber Salad via lilblueboo.com

You can add a bit of sugar to dull the vinegar flavor. I also add onions and tomatoes sometimes to make a more colorful salad.

Comments

Comments

Robin says:

looks yummy!
    you need to watch the video about the camping trip (Left Brain get frisky in a tent)

Peg says:

Must try this recipe for hubby. I know he’d love it. Watched as many of Jeanne Robertson’s videos as I could find. Hilarious! And as Robin suggested the camping trip one – it’s a “must see”. LOL!

Amy Hinkle says:

Thanks for posting those videos – I needed that!

Christine says:

lol I’m from Nanaimo!

Leah says:

Soooooo funny! I watched them in reverse order and snorted out loud when I got to the first one……I’m from Nanaimo!!!

Windy says:

The last one about not sending a man to the grocery store got me good!

Adriana M says:

I should have heeded your warning. I laughed so hard I woke the baby. Haha

Barb says:

Oh, my lands I watched all three and laughed so hard!! I googled her and watched the rest of her clips, thank you for posting them!!

Kiki says:

I met Jeanne at Christmas! She lives next door to my sister’s bf’s parents…She’s so tall! And sweet.

ira lee says:

she is so funny!!!!! i am SOOOOOO gonna be lucy and ethel when i get old!!!

April says:

My favorite way to eat cucumbers – thanks for sharing your grandma’s version. Thank you also for introducing me to the very funny Jeanne.

Ohhhhh I can’t wait to get home and watch those videos!!!!

I love the old handwritten receipe from your grandmother, I cherish my old receipes.

Holly says:

Thanks for that. I forgot how funy she is!

Karen says:

Oh how I wish I could of had a grandmother I called Brownie (or was named that). Love it!! I love too how you posted the original hand written recipe. I have all my mom’s hand written recipes but unfortunately, some of them are incomplete. She was such a good cook that she never had to measure so she didn’t know how to write down a proper recipe! Good for her, bad for me! Anyway, she used to make this cucumber salad (we didn’t call it a salad – it was called pickled cucumber.). It was so delicious! I can close my eyes and concentrate and just taste it right now. :)

MarLaney says:

I just got ssshush-ed…..I laughed so hard I woke up my husband…thats what I get for reading (watching) in bed in the middle of the night!