Boo and I have been in North Carolina since the 12th visiting my family. I’ve tried to stay unplugged as much as possible. Boo and I have turned most of our technology for good old fashioned compositions books the last week. It feels really great to write with a pen a little more. Maybe this will be the start of some new habits for me.
Here are a few of the things that Boo would want me to share with you so far:
1. North Carolina has very interesting leaves and trees. (The most interesting part for her is that there ARE leaves. There aren’t a lot of leaves in the desert. If you live in NC….notice your trees today please.)
Is that a squirrel? It’s like a zoo here!
2. There’s a cool restaurant concept called a cafeteria. (She had her first experience….and she’s hooked for life….which would be an issue in this family if she wasn’t.)
3. The best part about becoming a better swimmer year over year is not having to anticipate the bottom of a waterslide with dread anymore. Yahoo.
4. Bojangles is the best restaurant ever. (The goal is to eat as much as possible until we can’t stand it anymore so it won’t be hard to leave behind.)
5. Deer poop is easily recognizable when your Aunt and Uncle have 2 deer families using their yard as a nightly hangout.
6. This….is a good slingshot stick. Found at a haunted house. A real abandoned haunted house. Well….it was really abandoned. Not sure about the haunting….but the odds are about 72.44% based on looks alone. CONTINUE READING