Wine Cork Stamps

How to make mini stamps from wine corks via lilblueboo.com

The SYTYC Contest is on hiatus this week. I still have to come up with a project by tomorrow for next week! Here was my submission last week for the “mitten” theme: little matching mitten cork stamps. It didn’t get the most votes but I am still in the game! I used them to create some stationary for a Santa letter….

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 2 via lilblueboo.com

….and a simple piece of artwork for our guest room night table.

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 3 via lilblueboo.com
Wine corks are the perfect size for making miniature stamps. (click here to see some others I have made.) I start by slicing off one end of the cork so that I start with a perfectly flat surface:

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 4 via lilblueboo.comThen I draw my shape:

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 5 via lilblueboo.com
And cut straight down around the edges of the shape:

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 6 via lilblueboo.com
And then carefully cut and chip off the pieces from the sides:

How to make mini stamps from wine corks 7 via lilblueboo.com
Then just dip them in some paint and stamp away!

Comments

1. ForeverYou says

What a delicate job it is!! I always wanted to know how to create the stamps.. I am afraid I don`t have patience thought!

2. Loren, Matt & Kaine says

I totally voted for these! I thought they were by far the best! Glad to see you will be creating something else for next week! Good luck!

3. Your cool friend Cheryl says

So cute!

I used to love making stamps from corks. I've stuck with stamps from potatoes ever since I stabbed myself with the razor, though…your pics make me shudder thinking about it!

4. carly k says

I didn't realize that was your submission. I thought that was the CUTEST thing I have ever seen! I love, love it! I voted for that:)

5. Julie says

Super cute idea! My girls would love these! Now to just find some corks! We have pretty bottles still full bcuz we don't drink 'em! I just collect 'em!

6. threemoonbabies says

Thanks so much for this tutorial!
    I have been making cork stamps to use with my clay! They work great!

7. Vicki says

This is ingenious…I’m now having one of those “why didn’t I think of that!” moments, especially as I recently threw out some leftover wine corks without thinking!

8. Heather says

Great idea! Adds personal touch to letters and cards. Now I need to buy more wine to do this:)

1. […] Stamps: Make cool and creative stamps using old corks. More ideas: 1 and […]