Spray Painted Leggings (A Tutorial)

I helped Boo make some spray painted leggings this weekend….she was so excited to be the designer of her own clothes!

Materials needed:
2 bottles of Simply Spray
A pair of white or light colored leggings
A stencil
or doily

Note: The stencil is actually a “glimmer screen” from Tattered Angels. We have a bunch of these screens….the designs are great. But you could easily use a doily or some lace.

The process is easy, lay out the stencil and mist the fabric paint over top of it. Move them around as you go.

If you don’t blot your stencil in between layers you’ll get the big splotches like you see on ours as the paint drips off….but we happen to like messy happy mistakes. Let the front dry and then flip the leggings over to repeat on the back side. Simply Spray paint doesn’t need setting, just wait a few days before washing!

The proud designer:

Comments

comments

Comments

Wow, super!!!!:) So beautiful and realy easy:)

So cute! Can't want to try these for my little one!!

Tracie and Jessica says:

I used some of this fabric spray paint around Halloween to make a "cheshire cat top"! At the time I thought how easy the girls (aged 2 and 4) would love this but then forgot! They would REALLY LOVE this project! Thanks for the post can't wait to let my little artists get to work!

Love and Hugs, Jess

PS. Cheschire cat and alice in wonderland costumes blogged about here…

That's so cute!

Cole's Corner says:

She's so adorable. You can tell she's really proud. How fun!

Love this idea.

So funny I was going to do something just like this, this weekend. One of the preschoolers at the school I work in had these totally cute tie-dyed legging this week my plan is to make both my girls a pair…. too funny. I might try this too!

Heather Lousie says:

Looks like it is easier to get her to model if she is the designer. :) Great tutorial. Love your blog. Your are to blame for me restarting my sewing addiction. Thank you.

Free Pretty Things For You says:

I LOVE simply Spray!!
    they sent me a Big box of their products like 2 months ago.. I cant WAIT to get some glimmer screen products!!

these turned out Fabulous!!

CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

black bear cabin says:

what a cute idea…and what a great way to fix up stained leggings instead of tossing them :) i cant wait to pick some up and try this out…thanks for the tip!

super adorable
    I WANT SOME
    would it be ridiculous for a 22 year old to wear something so colorful??

which I guess you could always use some neutrals to make some

xxo
    bB

Love your website and those pants are so cute.

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

Very cute! You could use doilies too!

Heather

p.s. linking up at the Dollar Store Crafts facebook page.

supgrl1000 says:

Wow! What colors did you use? You have a great sense of color combinations. You really have an eye for colors! Love this project.

Stella Pearl says:

My goodness! What a splendid post! You are so talented!

precious!!! She is so stinkin' cute.

.raw potatoes. says:

OK, I will be doing this with the diva princess in my house very soon! When I inevitably blog about it, I will link back ;)

thanks XOXO

Roo's Mama says:

I am all over this project! All my kid wears is leggings with dresses–her choice. Now following you on your blog and twitter!! http://www.upcyclemama.blogspot.com

I love this idea but can they be put in the dryer once they're set? i looked at the paint website and it says it's washable, but it doesn't mention drying.

omg i can actually get this spray paint in the UK. One to remember for when my little girl is a bit older. Thank you.

Donna M says:

Do you remember what 2 colours you used? These colours together look great. Looked on website but hard to see what colours are the same as the 2 you used.

Beth Morrow says:

Adorable…way to go Boo!

Thank you for the fun project to do with my daughter this summer! Already have a pair of white shorts begging for color-I was planning on tie dye, but this looks like a great time for her!

1. [...] So easy a kid can do it…. spraypainted leggings. [...]