Social Media Icons | A Free Download (Updated)

Note: These icons have been updated. I didn’t realize that Twitter had recently rebranded to the bird instead of the lowercase “t” so these icons reflect their new guidelines. -Ashley

Social media icons - free download - via lilblueboo.com

Ashley had the great idea that I should offer some fun and colorful social media icons for use on your blogs or websites. So, I made a Scribble Set and a Sketchy Set in bright, happy colors.

Social media icons / buttons - free download - via lilblueboo.com

Click HERE to download the Scribble Set.

Click HERE to download the Sketchy Set.

Have a great weekend!

Stephanie Corfee Artist for lilblueboo.com

Comments

They’re super cute! Only problem is most people don’t know that the brands you’re representing don’t want you altering their logos. Twitter doesn’t want people using the “t” anymore, just the little bird. (https://twitter.com/logo) Facebook doesn’t allow modifications of their blue square with an “f,” and Mozilla that owns the RSS logo doesn’t permit any shape other than the original rounded square, although you can recolor them.
    I’m not a big blogger, but I researched this recently and posted about it at http://mimismom.com/social-media-icons-legally/

Sorry to potentially rain on the parade!

• says

Thank you Darcie for letting me know! I didn’t realize that Twitter rebranded. We are updating the icons to show the new bird instead of the “t”. Also, I checked Mozilla’s guidelines and it looks like as long as we are in good faith just altering the color and style to fit the overall aesthetic of a website, and not creating possible brand confusion, we are okay. The one’s we are using are just “inverted” versions of the logo which is within their guidelines. I went ahead and rechecked Facebook: they state that you can’t change the color and style of the “f”…..it has to be white. Pinterest doesn’t really give explicit guidelines. We’ve used their exact “P” so that should be okay too. I think as long as we aren’t taking away from any site’s branding or implying we are connected to them in anyway these icons are okay. If anything changes I’ll let everyone know. Thanks!

Thank you! I love them. I’m just really computer illiterate and was wondering if someone could tell me how to add them to my blog?

amazing!!!! and they match my colors perfectly… is it just me or is the email button not working on the scribble set?

4. Sophie says

Thanks for these – they are great… any chance of having them on a transparent background as my website is not white!

5. meg says

thank you so much, these are awesome! If you are planning to update these in the future, any chance you could add a Flickr button? that would be awesome!

6. Lisa @ Scattered Arts (Barbados) says

Hi! Thanks so much for making these awesome icons, I’ve added them to our site. :) I was wondering if you could consider a tumblr icon for your next set. Or, if you are willing to share the scribble background I can make one for you!

7. Leslie @ The Bearded Iris says

LOVE THESE. I really needed a new look for my buttons…hadn’t updated since before Pinterest came along. These colors are perfect. Thank you so much Ashley and Stephanie!

8. Dianne @ Skinny Seahorse says

Thanks so much for making these available AND FREE! Mucho appreciation!

Thank you for the icons, I love them. Any chance you’ll make an Instagram one? I’d love to add that to my collection.

10. Zoe says

Hii, thank you for the icons, they look amazing!! Would you be considering making one for Instagram and Linkedin? Greets from Spain 😉

11. Jocelyn says

I love these!! Do you have one for instagram?? Also, how are you drawing these? On a graphic tablet? Using the mouse on a program? Just curious!

Hi! Thank you so much for these icons! I just want to make sure I give you proper credit when I use them on my site! Can I just include a link back to your page somehow? Please let me know so that I don’t break any blogger/internet mores!

Thank you so much!

1. […] Angie Makes 2. Verve & Sass 3. Lil Blue Boo 4.  The Darling Blog 5. Geek Fairy 6. 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic 7. The Pixelista 8. […]