Permission to Be Messy (Time Lapse)

I’m taking a week off from The Lil Journal Project….so I can catch up and so any newcomers can catch up as well.  I made this fun time lapse video of some art journal pages to show my process. Notice I don’t put a lot of thought into the pages….I just do it….making a mess as I go.  I love the song too: Lights by Ellie Goulding.

Permission to be Messy (time lapse video) via lilblueboo.com

So here’s your permission to be messy:

(if you have trouble viewing the video…..try clicking here)

Wondering if you should start the Lil Journal Project? Read Everyone Interesting Has a Past.

Supplies…..in the order I used them by page:

An old book (see my tutorial here)
White Gesso (for white primer)
Wax Paper
An old map
Matte Medium (for gluing collage paper)
Golden Fluid Acrylics
Scrapbooking paper
Willow Charcoal Sticks
Hero Arts Letter Stamps
Fixative Spray (for the charcoal)

White Gesso (for white primer)
Stencil
Fabric Spray Paint
Bubble Wrap
Stamping Ink (the best black for writing with a brush!)

White Gesso (for white primer)
Water Soluble Crayons

And old photo
Setascrib Fabric Markers (they seem juicier)

Turn a Book into an Art Journal via lilblueboo.com

Comments

AMAZING!!!! simply. amazing.

not gonna lie…I’m a little sad we’re going to be without prompts this week….but it will give my mom a chance to catch up!

2. ira lee says

i love these kinds of videos, works in progress. so thanks for sharing!!!!! i love your style, im really messy as well!!!

3. Amie says

Freaking amazing and SO inspirational….makes me feel like I can do anything artistically.
    THANKS!

4. tessa says

Such inspiration. My husband and I have been following the journal project, but I think he is a little behind. This will give him a chance to get caught up. I think I will start an old book journal this week. I am assuming this is a different journal than the one you use for the journal project? How many journals do you typically have going at once?

5. Blair says

Per usual, you have inspired me!!! Thank you for helping me make my craft room even messier!!

6. Jen says

So fun to watch and very inspirational. Would also love to know how the time lapse videos are created. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing! I’m totally inspired and have started a art/collage/doodle journal in addition to the journaling project. Like some of the others, I’m missing my prompts this week–but that’s ok :)

So cool! I’m stealing old books from work and doing this! So is the wax person used to absorb the ink and also to separate pages while they dry?

9. Marta says

Wow!!! You are so inspirational and artistic. I started a canvas with my three girls today!!! Can’t wait to see what e create!!! But I need more paint and art supplies. Thanks!!!! You truly inspire me!!!! Thanks!!!!! I admire your strength and so glad to be a follower!!!