Starting the chicken coop was on the agenda today after church. Brett fixed the old depot’s roof first. We had taken out an old coal stove (just one of the things I found in the old depot) and it still had the heavy iron chimney piece through the roof so it needed new tin in a few places. No more leaks now hopefully! We’ve excavated the area for the chicken run but we need to paint this side of the depot before attaching it. We started late afternoon so we didn’t get very far:
Soon there will be a small little door with a ramp going into that side of the depot where Boo is painting above. Inside the depot there’s a new floor and we’ll add linoleum once a wall is built to divide the depot into two rooms:
A lot of work still to do but the foundation is set finally!