Wedding Part III: Dresses and a Rad Engagement Photo

I made these matching dresses last night for my sister’s rehearsal dinner….both are versions of the Sienna dress. Mine is just an adult version I cut last night. Really simple and fitted….maybe a little too fitted….might need to invest in some Spanx LOL! We don’t have any full length mirrors in our house….so this little mirror in the guest room was the best I could do….

Wedding Part III: Dresses and a Rad Engagement Photo via lilblueboo.com
Sienna is a little grumpy today….allergies and a cold….but she likes the dress.

Wedding Part III: Dresses and a Rad Engagement Photo 2 via lilblueboo.com

Check out this amazing preview of my sister and her fiance’s engagement photo shoot. It was taken in downtown Charlotte, NC by Ash Little Photography. So crazy amazing.

Comments

Comments

Haus of Girls says:

Ashley! Love your dress. If I had your body I would be wearing it even tighter! So perfect. I hope Sienna starts feeling better soon! And your sis' pic. WOW! So fantastic!

Polka Dot Moon says:

Fabulous dress and I WISH I could wear jersey fabric!!!
    Even when your little cuties isn't feeling good, she looks adorable! Hope she feels better soon :)
    and…
    Amazing Engagement photo!!!

Jen says:

incredible dresses, you are very talented.

Vintage Dutch Girl says:

Yay for purple :) Great for fall. And that engagement picture!? STINKIN awesome.

Cole's Corner says:

Love the photo and the dress!

Courtney says:

Amazing dress, I'm torn between wanting an adult version of the pattern and wishing I could wear jersey around my mid section!
    Hope Sienna feels better soon and yes, that picture is AMAZING!

Alli Cat Creations says:

How awesome is the adult version……OK im going to beg come out with a pattern for that PLEAAADSSSEEE….. I would love to make that for myself… So sticking cute…… Sienna looks cute too….Get better… You Sis's pic is awesome…

Elle's Mom says:

You are such a hot mommy!! I would pay big bucks to look that good :-) Sorry Sienna is sick. I guess it's going around the desert. I'm hoping Elle is better by tomorrow for school.

Kristy says:

Love the dress! and Sienna's is darling. oh how i wish i could sew :O)

PHARES CAUSEY says:

Amazing! I am hoping to merge my projects into adult clothing. You make everything look so easy!

sofia's sketchbook says:

fabulous purple!
    fabulouss design!!
    fabulousss body!!!
    fabuloussss little sienna!!!!
    fabulousssssssss sis!!!!!
    faboulousssss everything!!!!!!

thanks for following my blog. you made my day….

picknstitch says:

Wow. I love purple. And that photo. It's a traffic-stopping photo, of course, but how did she get the traffic to really stop? I gotta know!

Sidnie says:

I am in love with your matching dresses! What a precious little girl!

And that engagement photo? Simply amazing! What a beautiful couple!

Your cool friend Cheryl says:

Spanx are the greatest invention ever! (Not like you really need them :) )

When are you going to make the pattern for that grown up dress?? Love it!

Mod Podge Amy says:

You two are rocking it! Love the purple.

Sonja Hoyle says:

*SPEECHLESS* Absolutely amazing, as usual!! I'm SOOOOOO loving the purple! And Sienna is still stinkin' cute, even under the weather! The engagement photo is breath-taking!! CHEERS!

Disney says:

Great job! A dress like that either screams "I need to work out!!" or "You wish you were me!" (it definitely says the latter on you!).
    Wow, that engagement photo is amazing. It looks like an advertisement! In a good way :o )

SAMZE says:

Amazing! How in the world do you whip these things up?! You look absolutely fab in that dress. And Sienna's dress…so so cute!

That engagement photo is phenom! I love it.

FitForAPrincess says:

That engagement picture is now my favorite picture EVER! I love their pose, they are such a beautiful couple!

1. [...] Update: I actually got around to making a simplified version (click for the post): [...]

2. [...] Sienna and my matching dresses worked out great! Here we are with Brett and Perry at the rehearsal dinner at Duke Mansion. My sister made the most amazing video for us all to watch with video clips and photos from the years. [...]

3. [...] Here is our Christmas photo from our card this year….taken at my sister’s wedding in November! Remember the matching purple dresses? [...]