Doodle Shoes (A Tutorial)

Paint your shoes with this doodle shoe update tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

I’ve had this pair of bright apple green shoes sitting in my closet for almost 10 years! I’ve probably worn them a total of three times because they just don’t match many items in my closet…..so I thought I’d add some color!

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

My only supplies needed were Angelus Leather Paint and a very small brush (with half the bristles cut off for a finer point).

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

For my design I was inspired by Doodle Easter eggs made by Alisa Burke. I started with one flower….

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

….and then surrounded it with some doodles:

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

I just kept adding doodles, and more doodles….

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

….until the shoes were covered!

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

A tiny bit of blue design makes these shoes much more wearable!

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

They even look cute with my paint covered studio jeans:

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

But they look especially cute with Boo in them:

Doodle Shoe Update Tutorial DIY via lilblueboo.com

Do you have a pair of shoes in your closet that could use a makeover?

Comments

Comments

christine says:

Very cool idea. Very creative!!

Dacia says:

What an awesome idea! I never would have thought to paint shoes. I just might try this. Thanks for sharing :)

Kia says:

You are such an inspirational lady! May many blessings continue to be showered upon you! :)

Super cute! I really want to try that now! Thanks for sharing!

Ellie Perez says:

What a great idea! I never thought of that, but I have the exact same issue with a couple pairs of my shoes! I’ll have to come up with some cute doodles for them so I can actually wear them and stop my hubby’s complaints that I waste money on collecting shoes that I never wear!

Bridgette says:

Cute idea, but I have to tell you. I was following you fine with my google reader until you switched. I now can’t seem to follow you. Everytime I add you, it just adds your old page. Help?

Shelly says:

Dang girl…really rockin out the tutorials. LOVIN’ it. Like the ol’ days…..
    I have to order some leather paint….to.do.list

Sandy says:

Love the shoes, very creative and what a wonderful idea.

Katie says:

LOVE this idea!

sara says:

wow! these look SO good! you may have just tempted me to try leather paint :)

Mandy says:

You’re a genius. That is all.

Are YOU kidding me?! LOVE the outcome & those doodles are masterpieces! Love that color combo too! (my 13 y/o’s room is painted in those two colors!) FAB fab fab!!

What a great idea…I’m inspired! So glad I stumbled upon your blog via Thirty Handmade Days. I’m a new follower and hope you’ll have a peek over at my place sometime soon.
    Michael
    bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

Emily says:

YES! I have a pair of orange shoes that I NEVER wear for the exact same reason– they match nothing! This is an awesome idea!

Birgit says:

Hey, thats a wonderful idea for my white wedding shoes! I will doodle in black…
    Very good idea!

dkshopgirl says:

very cool! but I LOVED them green! what brand are they???

Shelly says:

Awesome transformation! Every time you want to admire your creativity -just look down! :)

Claudia says:

This is an awesome idea!!! Your doodles look like henna painting.

Can’t believe you free handed those!!! I was sure it was going to be a stencil or something. Pretty sure I have some pumps that could use some “doodling”! Not sure I can free hand it like you did – those are AWESOME! I’d love for you to share these over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday on the Korner. http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-4.html

theartistinme says:

You never cease to AMAZE me. You’re such an inspiration. I am truly amazed and in awe at the things you not only come up with, but with your style and fabulous talent. I am a HUGE fan! And I LOVE, LOVE the tutorials. THANK you!

doro K. says:

such pretty and unique shoes…very amazing. even the combination of colors. great.

I linked to your tutorial on my blog – thanks for sharing!

doro K.

Beautiful colours. I love the idea. I think I do have a pair of shoes that can do with a very similar facelift. Thanks for sharing!

1. [...] Ombre Dyed Streamer Garland Box o’ Princesses and Boyville Hand Stamped Leggings The Knit Headband Pattern The Cascading Ruffle Skirt The Travel Map Bulletin Board A Wine Cork Sculpture Vinyl Tablecloth Rollup Diaper Changer Folk Art Spin-spiration A Wine Barrel Lazy Susan Bohemian Leather Button Cuff Doodle Shoes [...]

2. [...] Otra opción, un estampado en un color: aquí. [...]