DIY Superhero and Boy Peg Dolls (A Tutorial and Download)

DIY superhero peg dolls with free download via lilblueboo.com

You asked for it! The boy-version of the Box o’ Princesses: Boy-Ville! It’s a combination of a pirate ship, a superhero headquarters, and a medieval knight. There is something to appeal to any boy…or even a girl!

Note: A few people had a hard time finding the wood dolls from the last tutorial….I found a source online at CraftParts.com but I’m sure there are many out there!

Handpainted superhero peg doll tutorial with free download via lilblueboo.com

Stephanie Corfee created the adorable printable background and I painted the wood dolls to match. (See the full tutorial on painting the dolls). I used double sided tape to make the little sword stick.

DIY Princess and Super Hero Peg Doll Valentines or Gifts via lilblueboo.com

Instead of a box like I used for the princesses, I used a metal tin that I purchased at the craft store.

I used the same spray adhesive to attach the “boyville” graphic:

Paint Pirate or Superhero peg doll  via lilblueboo.com

Can you spot the “diesel” inspired doggie in the background?

Paint Superman and Spiderman peg doll  via lilblueboo.com

You can customize the wooden dolls however you want and make them as detailed or simple as you like depending on your painting skill. Just remember….small brushes are your friend!

Click the image below to download Stephanie Corfee’s free graphic download:

Free superhero PDF peg doll download via lilblueboo.com

Make sure to visit the original tutorial for all the details!

DIY Princess and Super Hero Peg Doll Valentines or Gifts via lilblueboo.com

Comments

Aww! I never found the boy doll pegs when I was at the craft store so I used the girl ones for both styles. Still turned out well but I need to look online as you suggested!

Aww! I never found the boy doll pegs when I was at the craft store so I used the girl ones for both styles. Still turned out well but I need to look online as you suggested…I love the superhero idea.

3. Jennie_hi says

Hi, I have a girl that doesn’t like princesses s so this is perfect for her….Thanks for doing it. Love it.

4. Jaime B. says

Love this! I have made the princesses. Now I am making their boyfriends (according to my 5 year old)! How did you attach the swords to the bodies?

These are so adorable! Peg people were already on the Christmas to-make list. And now I need to make these cute little playsets to go with them. thanks so much!

6. Melissa says

I can’t paint or draw free hand AT ALL. But I just made these and my husband asked where I bought them! Great tutorial – I need to come up with my own to do a sesame street version!

7. Dina says

This is wonderful! Thank you so very much! I am printing Boyville for my 8 and 10 year old sons, and the box of princesses for my 9 and 5 year old nieces.

8. Katie says

I am having the hardest time finding these little doll/game pieces. I know you said craft store, but what craft store? I’ve looked at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann’s and nothing. Help!!!

• Pat Matera says

I order all of my peg people from Amazon. You can get assorted sized bags full of good quality pegs.

9. Ashley F says

These playsets are great and I am going to make a set of each (boyville and princess) fro my kids! The only problem is that when I try to get the printable on both it directs me to a page saying that I can’t get it b/c you’ve reached your bandwith limit. Is there another way to get the printables?

10. MammaDucky says

CUTE! To your 4 characters, I added Iron Man, Batman, a Marine in dress blues and a fire fighter (the last two are to represent our son’s REAL hero, his Daddy). On to the princesses!

11. Heather Root says

Thank you so much for sharing this great idea!!! My son is going to a super heros birthday party and I just got done making a spiderman, superman, Hulk, Ironman and Captian America! They turned out amazing :)
    Heather

12. Ren says

Darn cute! Wish she had a Japanese background to add to a box – of – Kokeshi’s!

*R*

13. Pat Matera says

I started making little peg people for my grandson last Christmas when he was 3. He absolutely adores playing with them. I’ll be making these super heroes for his 4th birthday in March. Thanks so much for posting!

14. Mariah says

Girl peg people can be found on JoAnne’s website, and buy peg people can be found (Birch Man/Boy) on Hobby Lobby’s website!

15. Joanna says

I love this! Thank you for sharing! My daughter is really into superheros right now, so I’m going to try to make some girl superheros for her. I hope they turn out as good as yours!

1. […] it’s safe to say that he won’t be checking my blog. ¬†This project is from Ashley of¬†Lil Blue Boo. ¬†And let me give you a warning…painting this dolls is harder than it looks!?! ¬†Don’t […]

2. Friday finds – a list of gifts to make for a 7 year old boy (with links to free tutorials) | a little bird made me says:

[…] Boyville tutorial and download – Lil Blue Boo […]