The Blue Beret Pattern (Free Download)

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com

In case you missed it through Facebook….you can now download my beret pattern here! I renamed it The Blue Beret from the Adelaide pattern since it is a unisex hat...didn’t want the boys to feel left out!

Click image below to download the PDF pattern:

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com

The whole pattern started with a hat I made for Boo for a collaboration with artist Stephanie Corfee. I silk screened Stephanie’s “When I Grow Up” print for a small limited edition for my shop a few months back. Boo’s hat has led to many, many more hats. Some are upcycled and recycled from t-shirts:

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com
Some are dyed and silk screened:

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com
As featured in Sew Hip (click here for entire post):

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com

One of my favorite upcycled hats photographed by Monika McSweeney on her daughter Grace:

The Blue Beret Pattern Free Download via lilblueboo.com

Comments

1. JEROSHA says

Thanks for the pattern. I'm not a sewing expert coz I can only sew straight lines but if ever I would try sewing other than curtains or pillow cases, I will definitely try this and will let you know how it turned out.

2. Shema John says

i loved these hats……loved the idea of converting Ts into something funky…..in gen just love all your stuff…….the creativity never ceases to amaze me…..fresh, fresh..

3. Susan @ Living with Punks says

Thanks so much for offering this pattern. It is darling! And congrats on the magazine feature!!!!

Has any one tried this using sweater material? We live where it is COLD. And my little one has only about 10 strands of hair to keep her little head warm.

• Susie says

I made several of these out of old sweaters. I can get the whole infant hat out of one sleeve….then use the ribbing from the hem of the sweater for the band.

5. Susie says

This pattern is WONDERFUL!!!
    I have made several of berets from t-shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, and even from a skirt I paid a dollar for. I use the circle cut from the do-nut shape part of the hat pattern to make a flower to adorn the beret. I just cut the circle into a spiral…about 1/2 inch width. gather the narrow end and form into a rosette.

6. Laura says

Your berets made a great party favor, for my daughter’s 7th birthday party! Thank you… Super easy & fun!!

Laura @ PikldPink

I just had to come by and comment. A few weeks ago I did a search online for a hat pattern and this post popped up. A couple days ago I made a hat for my 16 month old son, using your pattern. I used fabric from an old pair of shorts that my husband, and later I wore…and instead of ribbing, I just used the waistband from the shorts. It was SO SIMPLE and turned out SO CUTE! I needed a cute beret style hat to use for a Paris themed blogpost (Link Party that I participated in)…

Thanks so much for sharing…and in case you’re interested, here is a link to the post:

Heidi

8. Ester says

Dear Ashley,

I would love to make this hat for a friend’s daughter who has leukemia and is getting bold soon. But some how I am not able to download this pattern by clicking on the photo. Is it anyhow possible to get the pattern from you in another way?

Thank you soo much!

Regards, Ester

9. garcinia cambogia says

I’ve learn several good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking
    for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you put to make this sort of excellent informative web site.

1. […] Your Mama asked for a little beret to go with it.  I modified this pattern from lil blue boo. […]