Play Food: Tea Box and Tea Bags

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

Boo loves to have her own toy version of things we do in the kitchen for her playroom……and recently making tea came up.  So today we made some tea bags and a cute little box to store them in. Super simple project!

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

Next, I sew three sides of the tea bag leaving the top open:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

I filled the tea bags with wild rice so that it actually resembled tea in color:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

As I sewed the the top of each bag shut, I slipped one end of the piece of ribbon inside:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

I sewed the top part of the bag together and inserted the other end of the ribbon inside:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

Finished tea bags!

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

I found this cute little wood box at Micheal’s for $1.00:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

I made a vinyl shelf paper stencil using my Silhouette Machine to say “TEA” and masked out the areas I didn’t want to paint. A little fan of the spray paint over the stencil is all I needed:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

The finished set. I love toys that have their own storage container:

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

Time for tea!

How to make a play tea set. Felt food tutorials from lilblueboo.com

Check out the entire Project Playroom series by clicking the image below!
Project Playroom and Play Food Series via lilblueboo.com

Comments

1. Krystal says

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! I will be making some also!!! Thank you for sharing!!! I also love the playroom:):):)

2. Robin says

What a creative idea! Wish I had thought of something like this when my kids were little…hope I remember it when I eventually have grandchildren. 😉

3. Lisa Renata says

Another great idea from Ms. Ashley! I’m totally making this for my kid’s play kitchen.

These are adorable! Remy is always wanting to have a tea party and I do make felt food and toys…why didn’t I think of this? You’re a mastermind! Thanks for sharing :)

5. Cheyenne Renard says

I just wanted to wish you and yours a wonderful Easter. I got ur address and i will send the goodies soon. We are in the process of trying to move . Its a night mare to say the least. Happy Easter to such a wonderful young lady who deserves only the best. Take care and hope the Easter bunny is good to you Love and Gods Blessings to you all. Love Cheyenne from Henderson Nv

6. Sheila says

When I made something like this for a friends daughter I used little scrap pieces of felt to make it look like there was real tea in it. That way if she put them in real water and then hid them somewhere (which she actually did) they could wash them instead of having to throw them out as rice would mold in that situation. Although she was quite a bit younger than your little one. If she’d been older I probably would have used rice or something similar.

1. […] Play Food: Tea Box and Tea Bags | Lil Blue Boo First, I cut out 2 pieces of white felt, 2 pieces of purple felt and 1 pieces of ribbon for each tea bag: Boo loves to have her own toy version of things we do in the kitchen for her playroom……and recently making tea came up. So today we made some tea bags and a cute little box to store them in. Super simple project! Next, I sew three sides of the tea bag leaving the top open: […]