How To Add Effects To Instagram Photos

Lil Blue Boo is on Instagram now! Find me at @lilblueboo. Here are some of my favorite apps for adding effects to photos like bokeh, text and collages. Enjoy!

How to add effects to instagram photos #photography #instagram via lilblueboo.com iDarkroom for iPhone
(couldn’t find one for Android but let me know!)

Click read more to see the rest of the effects!

How to add text to instagram photos via lilblueboo.com

Phonto for iPhone
Phonto for Android

How to make collages for your instagram photos #photography #instagram #collage via lilblueboo.comDiptic App for iPhone
Diptic App for Android

How to add effect to #instagram photos via lilblueboo.comFaceGoo for Android
FaceGoo for iPhone

Click here to browse more fun Instagram posts….like where to PRINT your Instagram photos and what to make from them.

What are your favorite photography apps?

Comments

I just did a happy dance with my iphone. My photo apps are taking over the phone completely. I hardly remember that I can call people on it anymore! Next I’d like to see a post from you on how to organize, print and display the millions and millions of pictures of my kids!!!!

Thank you for sharing! I was getting bored with Instagram and was taking pics with Hipstamatic more. I can make my iPhone pics more fun now!

3. Jannie Lytzen says

I use what you use and also: BeFunkyFx, Filter Mania, PhotoStudio and LensLight – NEVER use and ordinary camera anymore, only my 4S 😉

4. sheila says

Thank you! I’m very new to Instragram so I’m grateful for all the tips I can get! There are loads of photo editing apps for Android. Pixl-I-matic has bokeh etc, and lots of frames.

5. natasha says

snapseed, camera+, instaframe, framestatic, label dispenser
    my instagram profile name is “familyofive” come and have a look at how great the photos look….

Yay!!! Thank you!!! Now they just need printer to be able to print!!
    My all time FACS are photogene and photostudio
    I like imikimi lite for millions of frames and scrapdebrag

I grabbed a couple new apps this morning thanks to your recommendations. I need help figuring out how they work with instagram, though. Like, I need someone to spell it out for me step by step. :) Do I take the picture in instagram and then import it to the other apps to add the effects? Do I take it with my regular camera on the phone and then import it to whatever? Does it matter? I couldn’t get a photo into instagram after I took it in idarkroom. Did I do it backwards? OMG sorry to bombard you with my cluelessness. I’m just saying, if you need an idea for another tutorial……. spell it out for us! :)

8. Amie says

I love the filters on Vintage Cam & Filter Mania. I also love Halftone (makes comic strip type looking photos, fun!) I use labelbox (for labeling) & picstictch (for collages)
    I have never paid for an app, but I love the looks on iDarkroom. Is it worth it?

Tks for idarkroom and phonto apps. My current fav is snapseed and photoshop express. Easy to use and powerful. I have a free collage app I like

10. http://freemicrosoftpointsx.net says

These types of Microsoft Points Generator are brilliant.
    I can’t wait to discover them coming. When I first looked into this. I didn’t think it was possible.

You should try and visit our site for getting
    them for free.

1. […] Questions I saw that I thought I’d answer: is lilblueboo a wordpress blog? yes. genesis theme framework. can you paint paper with chalkboard paint? yes. vinyl works best. can you make a little boy shirt from a men’s shirt? yes…or a girl’s shirt! click here. gesso, modge podge, matte medium? love them all. use them all. sometimes mixed. how long to cut fold over elastic for ponytail holder? 7″ for a hair tie. 14″ for a headband. click here. how many yards do you need to recover a glider? 3 to  5 yards depending on the fabric width. click here. how to put dots in an instagram pictures? it’s bokeh. click here. […]